THE LIFE AND TIMES OF A SAILOR AND HIS WIFE
In all fairness, Anthony isn't officially a sailor quite yet, and I am therefore not officially a sailor's wife. With that said, the beginning of the next chapter of our lives requires an appropriately grand title.... Please forgive me if I jump the gun a smidge.
There is something delectably fulfilling about directing your own life. Big changes can be unnerving, but I have personally found that effect to be greatly minimized by a substantial amount of planning. This we have been engaged in for several months now. For anyone who doesn't know firsthand, I am a compulsive planner. Planning things in excess is a speciality of mine. A simple vacation generally warrants at least four drafts of packing lists over the course of two months or so. You can imagine, then, how much attention a life change of this magnitude has received.
Anthony will be leaving on Monday, November 12 to spend nine weeks at boot camp in Great Lakes, Illinois. While there, he will be very limited in opportunities to communicate with family and friends. His training in Great Lakes will culminate in Pass-In-Review, the military's formal graduation ceremony. From there, he will travel to Virginia Beach, Virginia for twelve weeks of "A" School. After that... the world is at our feet.
For those of you who are wondering.... Yes, I will be living alone for twenty-one weeks. Shocking, you say? Indeed! I will manage it as best I can. When recently asked what I will "do" while Anthony is away, all I could reply was, "I will read.... And I will write.... And I will organize some things." That about covers it.
To all of our dear family and friends: I will endeavor to be vigilant with my posts and updates. I know that I am the only link most of you will have to our boy for the next long while. Thank you for all of the love and support we have already received. You mean the world to us, and we mean to share the world with you.
XOXO from Seattle
Thanks to my princess for setting this up and for agreeing to help keep people in the loop for me. I love you princess, your the best. XOXOSSS
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Amanda you could come visit me during a portion of those weeks.... I miss my shopping partner, I bought the most fabulous boots ever, this weekend, but the thrill was somewhat lost, when no one gave them the reaction that I am sure you would have :) Love you both and good luck Tony!
ReplyDeleteSissy. You will have to come see your nephews and maybe me too. Or maybe we will drive over seas to see you. Please give Anthony a big hug and kiss from us. We are so proud of him and this life decision; and proud of you for the support you give him. Hopefully I will see you over Thanksgiving.
ReplyDelete